Transfer Case Assembly Removal and
(1) Inspect all gears for breaks, chipped teeth, or
a. Removal. Remove the transfer case assembly
(2) Inspect the shafts for scoring, nicks, or burrs.
Remove the nicks and burrs.
b. Disassembly. Disassemble the transfer case
(3) Inspect the bearings for nicks, pits, and free
assembly in numerical sequence as illustrated on figure
(4) Inspect the lockout clutches for wear or other
276. Transfer Case Assembly Cleaning, Inspection,
(5) Repair or replace defective parts as necessary.
277. Transfer Case Assembly Reassembly and
(1) Clean all parts with an approved cleaning
a. Reassembly. Reassemble the transfer case
solvent and dry thoroughly.
assembly in the reverse of numerical sequence
(2) Remove gasket residue from mating surface.
(3) Remove hardened oil deposits within the case.
b. Installation. Install the transfer case assembly
b. Inspection and Repair.