b. Install the air reservoir tanks (TM 5-
315. Carrier Floorboard Installation
a. Install the carrier floorboard as illustrated
Section XIII. CARRIER FRAME ASSEMBLY
b. Disassembly. Disassemble the
frame assembly in numerical sequence as
The carrier frame consists of two channel beam side
members and three main crossmembers with three
intermediate crossmembers on which carrier components
Carrier Frame Assembly Cleaning, Inspection,
are attached. Engine mounting supports, spring hangers,
and lifting eyes are bolted to the side members. The
carrier frame, number C130681, is located between the
a. Cleaning. Clean all parts in an approved cleaning
bolt holes of plow hitch support on the outside of left
solvent and dry thoroughly.
b. Inspection and Repair.
(1) Inspect all supports for broken welds, twists,
Carrier Frame Assembly Removal and
bends, or other damage.
(2) Inspect the side channel frames for breaks,
bends, twists, or other damage.
(3) Repair or replace all worn, defective, or
(1) Remove the plow assembly (TM 5-3825-
(2) Remove the carrier and plow engine (pars.
Carrier Frame Assembly Reassembly and
(3) Remove the walkway and fuel tanks (TM 5-
Reassemble the carrier frame
(4) Remove the torqmatic transmission (par.
assembly in reverse of numerical sequence illustrated on
(1) Install the rear bumper (TM 5-3825-213-
(8) Remove the rear fenders (TM 5- 3825-213-
(2) Install the front and rear axle assembly and
(9) Remove the engine and personnel heaters
(3) Install the air and hydraulic lines (TM 5-
(12) Remove the air and hydraulic lines (TM 5-
(4) Install the chassis wiring harness (par.
(13) Remove the front and rear axle assembly
(6) Install the engine and personnel heaters
(14) Remove the rear bumper (TM 5- 3825-
(7) Install the rear fenders (TM 5-3825 213-20).