b. Disassembly. Disassemble the carrier or plow
core. The plow engine radiator is a one-piece fin-type
core with tanks welded to the top and bottom of the core.
engine radiators in the numerical sequence as illustrated
210. Plow and Carrier Engine Radiators Removal and
211. Plow and Carrier Engine Radiators Cleaning,
Inspection, Test, and Repair
(1) Drain the cooling system.
(2) Remove the plow engine radiator hose (TM
(1) Core fin flushing. Spray water through the
core to remove any foreign substance.
(3) Remove the carrier and plow engine hoods
(2) Pressure flushing. Install the radiator cap
and the plow engine radiator (TM 5-3825-
securely and seal off the overflow tube.
Force a suitable cleaning solution through
(4) Remove the carrier engine radiator hose
the radiator under a pressure of
approximately 5 psi. Reverse flushing, or
(5) Remove the carrier engine radiator from
flow of solution from radiator outlet to inlet
is effective for this type of flushing.
Figure 57. Carrier engine radiator, removal and installation.