C. Fan shaft assembly.
D. Pinion shaft.
Screw, machine, 3/8-16 x 1 in. (3 rqr)
Washer, lock, 3/8 in. (3 rqr)
Screw, cap, 3/8-16 x 1 in. (4 rqr)
Cover, pinion shaft
Washer, lock, 3/8 in. (4 rqr)
Cover, fan shaft
Screw, machine, ¼-16 x ½ in. (4 rqr)
Pin, straight headless, 3/8 x 1 in. (2 rqr)
Section VII. FAN BLOWER HOUSING ASSEMBLY
Fan Blower Housing Assembly Cleaning,
Inspection, and Repair
The fan blower housing assembly houses the fan
The rotation of the housing assembly is
Cleaning. Clean all parts with an approved
hydraulically operated. It can cast snow on either side
cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
of the blower at various angles and at distances up to
Inspection and Repair. Inspect all parts for
175 feet or straight up through the chute trough.
breaks, bends, or damaged threads. Repair by welding
or replace defective parts as necessary.
Fan Blower Housing Assembly Reassembly
(1) Remove the snow chute turntable
Reassembly. Reassemble the fan blower
housing assembly in reverse of numerical sequence
(2) Remove fan blower housing control arm
(3) Remove the fan and auger gearbox
(1) Set the fan blower housing into the
(4) Lift the fan blower housing out the top of
(2) Install the fan and auger gearbox (par.
the snowplow frame.
Disassembly. Disassemble the fan blower
(3) Install the fan blower housing control
housing assembly in numerical sequence as illustrated
arm (TM 5-3825-213-20).
(4) Install the snow chute turntable