Section V. OPERATION OF AUXILIARY MATERIAL USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH EQUIPMENT
29. Fire Extinguisher (Monobromotrifluoromethane
(2) Break the seal by pulling the safety pin
from the handle.
a. Description. The monobromotrifluoromethane
type fire extinguisher replaces the carbon tetrachloride
(3) Point the horn at the base of the flame.
type fire extinguishers used in the past. It is generally
suitable for use on all types of fire, with exception of
(4) Depress trigger for discharge and direct
fires involved with LOX (liquid oxygen) generating
the stream of contents at the base of the
equipment. The fire extinguisher is furnished with a
disposable type cylinder.
b. Operation. To operate the fire extinguisher
Avoid breathing of smoke.
perform the following operations:
(5) Replace with new cylinder immediately