Figure 12. Starting carrier engine.
to its capacity.
Casting direction and distance
requirements must be determined, chute rotated and
(3) Start plow (fig. 18) and select the desired
adjusted to suit the requirements before proceeding with
the plowing operations. If possible always set the
discharge opening so snow delivery will be with the
(5) Adjust the forward speed of the carrier to
wind. The snow removal unit is provided with a
provide the proper operating conditions (a
hydraulic actuated rear axle steering to aid in turning the
unit and compensate for side slippage of the rear of the
vehicle when side cutting snow banks and operating
c. Plowing Hard Wind Driven Snow.
under other adverse conditions. Operate the rear
(1) Repeat b(1) through (4) above.
b. Plowing Freshly Fallen Snow.
(2) Move the unit through the snow at the
slowest possible speed, so that the auger
discharges and feeds the snow to the
(3) In extremely hard snow, which chokes the
plow, raise the plow and